Bed bugs are a growing problem in the world today and along with that problem, comes the opportunists, government regulation, existing monopolies, consumer confusion, and overall lack of general knowledge available to the public.
Bedroom Guardian: the Ultimate Bed Bug Scam
A company by the name of Bedroom Guardian has been operating on the internet with impunity for the last 6 years, selling an illegal pesticide to kill bed bugs that takes advantage of the most impoverished and uneducated people of the free world for financial gain.
Based out of Hong Kong with a front company in the USA under the name of Bedroom Guardian LLC, they along with Affiliate Crossing / Nutryst (now AC Nutryst) have used Google Adwords advertising and mobile apps advertising to lure in potential customers to buying a product that has the following major discrepancies:
1. Bedroom Guardian does NOT list their ingredients, so how do you know it’s safe?
2. Bedroom Guardian is NOT a registered pesticide with the Environmental Protection Agency, thus making it illegal.
3. Bedroom Guardian takes your credit card information, and then charges you EVERY month until you cancel, thus taking full advantage of your bad situation and potentially making it much worse.
4. Bedroom Guardian sends you a TINY amount of product, so that you can need more by next month, or at least think you need more.
5. Bedroom Guardian requires that you call and cancel, which could mean waiting on hold for up to an hour only to have someone in the Phillpines ask you why you want to cancel and attempt to persuade you not to.
6. Bedroom Guardian‘s marketing team (ACNutryst) has been notified on numerous occasions that they are selling an illegal pesticide, and yet they continue.
7. Bedroom Guardian‘s marketing team openly brags about not paying their taxes, and inverting their companies overseas to avoid tax liability, while ripping off Americans, Canadians, British and the French which comprise the majority of their customer base.
8. Bedroom Guardian was fined $10,000.00 in September of 2016 by the State of Wyoming in the US, and has not complied with requests to pay the fine or change their practices.
9. Bedroom Guardian knowingly and falsely claims an exemption as a “mechanical device” under EPA law, which only applies to things like mouse and rat traps.
Yes, Bedroom Guardian by all metrics qualifies to be your local crack cocaine dealer and who knows, they might have a hand in that as well, or they’re definitely missing out.
Bed bugs have become a problem again since the days of old because many “modern” chemical pesticides of 100 years ago, which were effective in killing the little buggers, were deemed unsafe and taken off the market by the government, and likely, rightfully so.
After all, if you have to nuke your entire home to get rid of some bugs, but it gives your kids autism in the process and your immune system permanent dysfunction, did you really solve anything?
Now the public is faced with a major resurgence of bed bugs, with no solution in sight, or so it would seem. This has left the door wide open for bed bug exterminators and internet marketers to take absolute advantage of the unfortunate folks dealing with a bed bug infestation.
The Costs of a Bed Bug Exterminator
Bed bug treatments by a professional exterminator can run anywhere from $300 to $1500 USD, and require up to 3 treatments. That means worst case scenario of almost $5,000.00. Wow.
Imagine someone coming into your home and charging you out the wazoo, nuking your house with chemicals, promising you it’s safe (oh yeah sure it is), only for the bed bugs to return in a month or so.
What can consumers do then to stop bed bugs?
With the existing monopolies on the market for killing bed bugs, either with chemicals or naturally, bed bug victims will have to either do lots of their own research or rely on people and companies that already have. One such company is Defensive End! which runs a website that guides consumers to an all-natural, safe and effective, locally sourced and produced, best natural bed bug killer that does not break the bank, and is safe enough for pets and kids.
They act as an online service to send you a product that stays good forever, so long as it doesn’t get wet. That means you can put the all-natural bed bug solution in your home according to their instructional video, and leave it there indefinitely. Defensive End! claims to solve people’s bed bug problem for good for under $100 which by all means makes it a home run for people who choose to not spend days and weeks of guesswork, research, or driving around town asking snot nosed retail associates what works.
Right, some teenager on their iPhone is going to know how to solve your monumental bed bug problem. When they’re not being completely rude to you and laughing at you under their breath like a bunch of scumbags.
Good luck, and get rid of those bed bugs the best way you can. There are solutions, you just have to do your due diligence and find them!